User-Generated Aerogel Recipes
There are many different ways to make aerogels with range of compositions, densities, and morphologies and new innovations in aerogel science emerge regularly.
We invite you to post newly developed procedures, common procedures you find useful, problems experienced with published procedures, and requests for procedures here.
Some examples of procedures we feel would benefit the open-source community:
- Various formulations for making silica aerogel
- Successes and failures with epoxide-assisted gelation of metal salts
- Techniques and procedures for efficient solvent exchange
- Techniques for functionalizing silica aerogel surfaces
- Methods for making aerogel composites
- Methods for casting aerogel shapes
- Methods for making aerogel powders
- Procedures for other sol-gel materials such as gels, xerogels, and ceramics